Thursday, September 4, 2008

Illustration Friday :: Memories

Memories

This image contains two memories for me. The first is vacationing in the Northern Michigan Area. The "slide" is the Mackinac Bridge that spans the two peninsulas of Michigan. My family spent many summer vacations in this area. Many fond memories.
The other memory in this image is the slide projector. It was always fun to spend an evening darkening the living room, popping some corn, and watching old slides. Kind of a poor-mans theater. I've always preferred
watching slides over looking at a pile of photographs.


Click image for larger size.

Digital Image :: Corel Paint Shop Pro 8.10
The bridge photo is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License and can be found here.


( Click here for entire blog )

2 comments:

Twisselman said...

Ah, yes, slides. When we were dating, my wife's father used to pull out the old projector and embarrass the family with twenty-five years worth of slides. I personally always enjoyed those shows.

Yeah, I've missed out on lots of good art. I really like your "Canned", "Foggy", and "Garden" entries. All are way creative and superbly executed.

Life is busy, but I can't complain. The circle is circling. Such is life.

Peace to you and yours.

Valentina Bosso said...

Hi there! tank's for visit my blog!
I like your's too!

Cheers!
Valentina