Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Illustration Friday :: Trick or Treat


"Ghastly Trick or Treaters"
With sincere apologies to Edward Gorey


Digital image :: Drawn in pencil ::
Inked with Sharpie Ultra Fine Point Marker ::
Colored with Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI
( Click here for entire blog )

114th entry for Illustration Friday.
Did you know Stanley Kubrick frequently referenced the number 114 in his films?

P.S. I was thrilled to find out that my entry for grow was the pick of the week this week. Illustration Friday has been so much fun. Thanks to all who have left comments.

9 comments:

Vhrsti said...

Cool!

sheree boyd said...

that is so funny! yes, reminded me of my favorite edward gorey illos! :)

Unknown said...

This is quite the departure from vectors and ray-tracing... nice.

Not familiar with Edward Gorey -but I suspect this is probably dead-on to the style.

Kay Aker said...

You've out-goreyed Gorey! Fabulously ghastly!

Twisselman said...

Okay, before I forget... 'Open' and 'Blue' are great. And congrats on being selected for 'grow' (cool goldfish).
Now to the 'trick or treat' treatment. Whoa. Amazing. The idea. The poetry. The drawings. Beauty.

Lauren Kate said...

Fantastic work... before I read your comment I thought to myself 'Gorey'.
Great that you can change your style so well!
Love it!

Anonymous said...

i am so glad i waited for this to load. excellent!!!

great work.

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)